Friday, May 9, 2014

PROTEIN TIME

Lately i have been trying to answer the question when is the best time to take in protein? The fact is it all depends on whether or not you would like to gain weight. Personally i am an undersized lineman so i would like to gain some weight. The recommendation for gaining weight is to eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism working throughout the day. Perhaps the biggest helper in trying to gain muscle mass would be to drink 2-3 protein shakes daily. Each shake should contain about 50 grams of protein so you can eventually take in 1g for every pound of body weight. I will drink at least one of these shakes after my lifting session which is critical because your body needs it the most after a heavy lift. My mentor (my dad) has been giving me advice on protein intake a lot lately. A good way to find protein is in lean meats like chicken which is why most powerlifters eat chicken throughout the whole entire day. My dad is a reliable source for information because he used to powerlift competitively winning numerous competitions throughout college and later in life. I will post pictures soon and i hope to continue gaining weight on my lifts to reach my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...how do those shakes taste? Anyways good luck trying to gain weight!

    ReplyDelete